Links



Saturday, February 27, 2016

Grilled Asparagus & Serrano Ham

When I start dating someone I will typically cook for them pretty early on as I find it a great way to judge them:

Do they offer to help?
Do they just sit there and do nothing?
Do they try to taste-test everything?
Do they think they know better than me?
Do they ensure my wine glass remains full at all times?

You know, the important things*.

Also, I always cook one of three dishes – Chicken & Chorizo Paella, Chorizo and Red Wine Gnocchi, or Beef Biriyani. Which one I cook depends on how much I like the person.

To my point, last night I had a young man over for dinner** and made paella, and as a side dish decided to do this. It’s quick, easy, and even more important it’s fucking delicious.

*One guy decided it was ok to go have a nap whilst I was cooking... He obviously didn't end up staying for dinner. 
**No, he didn't pass judgement - be brought Riesling. I hate Riesling.


http://www.bryjaimearecipes.com/2016/02/grilled-asparagus-serano-ham.html


What Will I Need?

asparagus, washed and trimmed
serrano ham, cut in half lengthwise
balsamic glaze, from a bottle because I’m lazy these days


What Now?

1. Heat your grill

2. Wrap a slice of ham around each asparagus spear

3. Grill the spears until the ham has turned golden and crisp

4. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve