Friday, January 1, 2016
Tattie Scones (gluten free)
So, it’s the day after Hogmanay, I’m hanging from too much red wine, countless vodkas, and who knows how many tequila shots, and what better way to bring in the new year than a massive breakfast to reassure my liver I won’t be drinking like that again… until next weekend.
Anyway, just go to the recipe and get cooking already you lot.
What Will I Need?
2 cups chopped potato
1 cup plain flour
2 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp salt
1. Cook the potatoes to a large pot of boiling salted water until soft.
2. Decant the potatoes into a colander and allow to sit for about 10 minutes or until cool enough to touch.
3. Transfer the cooked potatoes to a bowl, add the butter, and mash until smooth and creamy.
4. Sift in the flour and salt and mix well with your hands until a dough has formed.
5. Divide the dough into three portions and set aside.
6. W with one portion at a time, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to a thickness of 5-10mm.
7. Lightly flour the rim of a bowl, and use as a guide to cut out a circle in the dough, and cut into four triangles
8. Heat a lightly oiled frypan or griddle over a medium-high heat.
9. Cook scones for 3-4 minutes each side, or until golden and crisp.
10. Serve hot.