Links



Thursday, December 24, 2015

How To Make Mulled Wine

I promised a mulled wine recipe and I hate to break a promise.

I have loved mulled wine since as a teenager my father first perfect a recipe which I absolutely adored. Of course, being a teen at the time I adored all alcohol, but that’s beside the point.

Anyway, given this is my first Christmas in the northern hemisphere, in Scotland no less, what better to share with you tonight than my own mulled wine recipe which is little short of perfect.

Remember, as you are adding flavours for the wine it’s not vitally important that you have an amazing wine to work with, but don’t buy goon or boxed wine. If you do, you will have to play around with the sugar and/or acidity levels to cut through whatever abomination of booze you’ve bought for this purpose.

Enjoy!



What Will I Need?
1 bottle red wine (not rose)
1/2 cup brandy
2 tbsp brown sugar
5 whole cloves
1/4 nutmeg, grated (1/4 tsp ground)
1/2 cinnamon stick
1 clementine, sliced (mandarin will do fine)
1 slice lemon

What Now?
1. Place all ingredients in a large pot over a low heat.

2. Heat through until lightly steaming and sugar has dissolved.

3. Serve warm.