Sunday, March 22, 2015
Although most people have carbonara with spaghetti, I prefer to have it with thicker pastas, such as linguine or fettucine, however if you wanted it with fusilli or spirali, who am I to stop you?
What Will I Need?
400g pasta- linguine, spaghetti, tagliatelle, etc
140g diced pancetta
100g grated parmesan or pecorino
2 egg yolks
1 tsp olive oil
1. Bring a large pot of well salted water to the boil.
2. In a large frypan or skillet, cook the pancetta in the olive oil over a medium-high heat for about five minutes, or until the fat has rendered.
3. In a bowl, mix together the cheese and the eggs. Set aside.
4. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, until al dente, and then strain.
5. Toss the pasta through the pancetta, over medium heat until the pasta is coated in the pancetta oil.
6. Next, stir through the cheese, and then serve.