Links



Sunday, March 8, 2015

German Cucumber Salad

I am back!

So, I have been in London now for two months and life is meh, and the kitchen I'm stuck with isn't much better.


The photo is terrible, however, I had a guest I was trying to impress and I needed to pay more attention to them, than to my photography, because they were being a whiney fuckboy.

I marinaded pork chops in extra virgin olive oil, salt and lemon which I then fried in butter, I then served this with my special sauerkraut recipe, and warm potato and beetroot salad.



What Will I Need?
2 continental cucumbers
1 brown onion

Dressing
4 tbsp water
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
salt to taste


What Now?
1. Finely slice or shave the cucumber and onion, and place in a sieve.

2. Press down on the cucumber and onion with the back of a spoon to strain out excess moisture.

3. In a mixing bowl, combine dressing ingredients and stir until sugar has dissolved.

4. Stir the cucumber and onion through the dressing and refrigerate, covered, for at least four hours or overnight.

5. Prior to serving, sieve out excess dressing and transfer cucumber salad to a serving bowl.

6. Serve chilled.