Links



Monday, October 13, 2014

Smoked Salmon Bagel with Cream Cheese and Capers

Every Wednesday in Brisbane at the top of Queen Street Mall there are pop-up markets, and a stable feature of the markets is a bagel store that sells amazing bagel sandwiches – so amazing the line-up can stretch for a fair distance down the street. One of their bagels, a smoked salmon bagel, inspired this “recipe” as it is something I would regularly order every Wednesday, until I concocted the below at home for myself (without having to line up!)

Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese are a classic flavour combination that can be found any and everywhere, from sushi to bagels. In today’s “recipe” we’re kicking that combo up a notch with the inclusion of capers and lemon.

I don’t like to call this a recipe as it’s really just a glorified sandwich – adding extra salmon, cheese, capers or lemon isn’t going to really have any negative effect on the whole and so I encourage you to take each of the ingredient suggestions with a “pinch of salt” and experiment as you feel the desire to do so.

On a separate note, I have lots of new recipes to upload which I will hopefully do this weekend. A couple of recipes (Lemongrass Beef with Vietnamese Noodles Salad, White Wine Chicken, and a Honey & Ginger Baked Salmon) are ready t go, I’m simply unhappy with their photos. I’m also working on my lifestyle blog which will feature stories about travel, beauty and life and preparing for that is taking some time as well.

http://www.bryjaimearecipes.com/2014/10/smoked-salmon-cream-cheese-caper-bagel.html
What Will I Need?

1 bagel
30g smoked salmon
2-3 tbsp cream cheese
1 1/2 tsp capers
1/2 tsp lemon juice
butter


What Now?

1. Halve the bagel and lightly toast on each side.

2. In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, capers and lemon juice.

3. Lightly butter the toasted bagel, then spread the cream cheese on both toast bagel slices.

4. Top with smoked salmon and enjoy.