Links



Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Beef & Red Wine Stew (Beef Bourguignon)


I have a secret stealth mission as to why I am currently perfecting my slow-cooked recipes from soups, to pies, to casseroles. Luckily, it is winter so my secret cooking mission is very readily enjoyed!

This recipe was inspired by my need to use up the last bit of a bottle of red wine, as well as some left over potatoes and carrots I had lying around. Being a slow cooker recipe means that this recipe dishes up a great level of flavours with absolutely minimal effort; pop it on to cook before work (it can easily cook longer than 8 hours) or on a Saturday morning, ready for an easy weekend dinner. Alternatively, do as I do, and pack it away in the freezer for mid week dinners!

I don’t know how authentic French this dish is, but it is definitely French inspired, in fact, it’s pretty much Beef Bourguignon!

beef-red-wine-stew-beef-bourguignon.html 

What Will I Need?
500g casserole beef, diced
1 tbsp corn flour
2 tbsp butter
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 large carrot, diced
1 large potato, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
400g tin diced tomatoes
400g tin champignon mushroom, drained and cut in half
1/4 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup red wine
1 1/2 cup beef stock


What Now?
1. Toss the beef in the cornflour, and then add all ingredients in a slow cooker set to high and cook for 8 hours.

2. Serve hot with crusty bread.