Links



Sunday, July 13, 2014

Smoked Salmon Salad with Japanese Wafu Dressing

This salad is pretty simple, but as I am sure you can tell packs a punch flavour wise.

I haven’t done much cooking lately, as it’s hard to prepare huge feasts for one single person, and I’m happy to settle for really basic food to keep me fed. To be honest, I have been cooking up batches of soup (it's winter here) and living off of that during weekends and such. It's much easier, and very comforting.

However, I found this salad at a Japanese sushi store local to my work and became addicted so felt the need to replicate it at home (with great success no less). The salad I buy also has capers tossed through which are perfectly wonderful, though I forgot to add them to this recipe. So, feel free to add some capers to kick this up an extra notch!



What Will I Need?
Salad
150g flaked hot smoked salmon
120g mixed salad leaves
2 tomato, finely sliced, seeds removed
1 onion, thinly sliced
1/2 carrot, finely grated

Dressing
3 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp peanut oil
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp finely diced onion
2 tsp minced ginger
Small pinch sugar


What Now?
1. In a small jar, combine all dressing ingredients and shake well.

2. In a large mixing bowl, toss the leaves, tomato, onion, carrot, and about half the dressing (more or less depending on your tastes)

3. Divide the salad between four bowls and top with smoked salmon.

4. Serve.