Links



Monday, April 6, 2015

Corn Salsa


A fair few years ago, everyone was under the impression that “Mexican” food was greasy, cheesy, and incredibly spicy. Thankfully, now due to the internet we all know that’s not true. England hasn't quite cottoned on to this fact as yet, though.

This corn salsa was inspired by a similar salsa I had whilst travelling through Portland (I know I know, not very Mexican) last year, and was served with a fish taco. Not having any fish on hand, I instead served this salsa with a Chicken Taco. And Tequila. Obviously.



What Will I Need?
1 x 400g tin corn kernels, drained
1 red capsicum, diced quite small, roughly the same size as the corn
1 large red onion, diced quite small
1 small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
3 tsp lime juice
Salt, to season


What Now?
1. Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine.

2. Set aside in the fridge for an hour or two, and remove from the fridge half hour before serving.

Serving Suggestion