If you can’t find Saganaki , I recommend Haloumi. They are both found in the same section of the cheese isle, next to each other no less, however this cheese is much less salty and a tad softer than its Haloumi counterpart.
In this recipe I have used pre-grilled and marinated capsicums/peppers, however if you wish to create these from scratch I can only encourage you however they will add a considerable amount of time and labour to this otherwise effortless dish.
What Will I Need?
2 x slices Saganaki Greek grilling cheese
1 x chorizo sausage, sliced thinly on the diagonal
3 x handfuls rockets
1/4 cup chargrilled capsicum
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1. Coat the cheese in a light layer of plain flour and set aside (you may have to dampen the cheese with a light dash of water prior to coating with flour).
2. Divide the rocket over two plates and set aside.
3. In a large pan over a medium heat, fry the cheese and chorizo in a small amount of EVOO for a minute or two on each side or until golden.
4. Lay the cheese over the rocket and top with chorizo and capsicum. Sprinkle lightly with dried oregano.
5. Pour the balsamic vinegar into the hot pan and bring to the boil for about 30 seconds over medium heat.
6. Drizzle a small amount of both the balsamic dressing and EVOO over the plate before serving.