Links



Sunday, October 27, 2013

Lime & Chilli Baked Salmon

My love affair with salmon started quit late in life, and my only excuse for this is as I was growing up the only salmon I was ever exposed to came from a can. However, canned salmon is no comparison to fresh salmon steaks or smoked salmon and since the first time I tried this coral coloured fish (in sushi, no less) I have been addicted ever since.

My favourite way to prepare salmon is with a light marinade and then baked in the oven – I find it is easier and more reliable to cook it this way than relying on grills and the like which can be notoriously unreliable from stovetop to stovetop.
 
What Will I need?
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp minced chilli
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried coriander
4 x skinless salmon steaks

What Now?

1.         Preheat your oven to 200C and lightly oil a baking tray.
 
2.         Combine the lime juice, olive oil, minced chilli, and dried coriander in a small bowl and season with salt.
 
3.         Pour over the salmon steaks, ensuring they are properly covered, and set aside to marinate for at least an hour.
 
4.         Transfer the steaks to the prepared tray and then bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked to your preference.
 
5.         Allow to rest for at least five minutes before serving.