One thing to remember when cooking salmon, is that it can get quite smoky without actually burning due to its oils. So remember to keep an eye on both the fish and the smoke and always cook with your exhaust fan on – just in case!
What Will I Need?
4 x Salmon Steaks with skin on
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp wasabi paste
1 tsp minced ginger
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Pop the salmon into a marinading bag and add the soy, wasabi, and ginger.
2. Ensure the steaks are all covered with the mix, and set aside and allow marinading for at least an hour.
3. With the salmon at room temperature, heat the oil in a frypan over a medium heat.
4. Raise heat to medium-high and then cook the salmon, skin side down, for four minutes. Turn the salmon over and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
5. Service with steamed veg and enjoy!