|Fresh from the stove top!|
My friends absolutely love this fudge (and most others!) and I am always getting requests to make special batches for their family and work colleagues – it is so easy to make I can’t help but oblige!
As this is, at its heart, a caramel fudge, you have to make the caramel first before adding the chocolate (this is what fudgefies it). Once you have brought the caramel to the boil over a medium heat it is essential that you keep stirring it otherwise it will catch and burn, so make sure your elbows and wrists are ready for an 8 minute workout!
Additionally, my trick for caramel is rather than watching a timer, I simply choose an 8ish minute long song and press play once I see the first golden bubble burst. Then, I stir and sing away!
What Will I Need?
395g sweetened condensed milk
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 cup brown sugar
125g butter, unsalted
3 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp coarse sea salt
150g white cooking chocolate
1. Line a 900ml capacity Tupperware container with baking paper and set aside.
2. In a large, heavy based saucepan, stir the sweetened condensed milk, butter, salt, sugars and golden syrup together over a low heat until the butter has melted and the ingredients are well combined.
3. Increase to a medium temperature and stir the caramel continuously for about 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to low-medium and stir an additional 3 minutes or until the colour has deepened and the caramel is a thick, golden brown.
4. Remove from heat and stir through the chocolate until well combined and there are no white streaks.
5. Transfer the fudge to the prepared container and refrigerate until set.
6. Once set, slice into small, bite size pieces and serve.