The butter milk helps create a velvety smooth batter for this muffin and adds the perfect balance to the bitterness of the chocolate.
As always, when combining the wet and dry ingredients for muffins, always use a wooden spoon and mix until just combined. If you use electric beaters, or over mix the batter, then the muffins won’t be light or fluffy.What Will I Need?
150g butter, melted
125g caster sugar
100g brown sugar
250g plain flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp bicarb soda
200g chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line a muffin tray with muffin cups.
2. Combine butter and sugars together until creamy.
3. Next, add buttermilk and eggs and mix until well combined.
4. Sift flour, bicarb soda and cocoa into the butter mixture and then mix until just combined.
5. Divide the mixture into the muffin cups and then bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool on a cooling rack for about 15 minutes before serving.