Although traditionally this recipe uses spaghetti, I only had fettuccine in the pantry and it doesn’t really matter what type of pasta you use. It makes a great side dish to your normal meat and veg and is quick and easy to whip up at a moment’s notice.
Please note the pasta in the picture is gluten free, and gluten free pasta never photographs well – luckily it tastes delicious!
What Will I Need?
1 tsp cracked pepper
1. Bring a large pot of well salted water to the boil and then cook pasta according to packet instruction, until al dente.
2. Whilst the pasta cooks, melt the butter in a fry pan over a low heat.
3. Add the pepper to the butter and swirl the pan until the pepper is coated in the butter, and the butter had started to bubble. Remove from heat.
4. Remove about 1/3 cup of pasta water and set aside before decanting the cooked pasta into a colander to drain.
5. Return the drained pasta to the pot and stir through the butter, pepper, parmesan cheese, and the pasta water until the pasta is well coated in the sauce.
6. Serve straight away.