When baking these, baking times may differ depending on how big the muffins you make are so keep an eye on the oven – they’ll be perfectly cooked when the tops have turned golden!
What Will I Need?
200g streaky bacon, diced
250g tasty cheese, grated
280g plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup milk
1. Preheat your oven to 180C and line a muffin tray with muffin cups.
2. Over a high heat, fry your bacon in a pan until the fat has rendered and the bacon is coloured. Once the bacon has cooked, set aside to cool.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour and the baking powder before adding the bacon, cheese, olive oil, milk and eggs.
4. Mix all ingredients together until just combined and then spoon into the prepared muffin cups.
5. Bake in the hot oven for 15 minutes or until the muffins are golden.
6. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving warm with butter.