Incredibly easy to make and ultra-delicious, these can easily be prepared a few hours in advance for a dinner party and popped into the oven when needed.
What Will I Need?
2 x zucchini
1 cup short grain rice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup vegetable stock
1/4 cup water
1 red onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Half the zucchini lengthwise and scrape out (using a spoon) the insides to create a fleshy shell. Retain half of the zucchini innards.
3. In a pot over medium heat, cook the onion and garlic for about five minutes or until soft. And the retained zucchini and stir through, cooking for another two minutes.
4. Add the rice and stir through the onion and zucchini mixture well before adding the stock.
5. Bring to the boil, pop on a lid, then reduce the temperature to low for fifteen minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
6. Place the zucchini halves on a lightly oiled baking tray, and then divide the cooked rice mixture between the zucchinis.
7. Sprinkle with parmesan and then bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden.
8. Serve hot and enjoy.