What Will I Need?
1 tbsp butter, unsalted1 tsp olive oil
1 large leek (or two small leeks), white part online, sliced
1/2 bunch celery, diced
2 spring onions, diced
1 clove garlic, sliced
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
6 cups vegetable stock
1. In a large pot, melt the butter and oil over a medium heat before adding the leek, celery, garlic and spring onion.
2. Cook, stirring occasionally, for ten minutes or until the leeks have softened.
3. Stir through the vinegar, stock and water and then bring to the boil.
4. Once boiling, pop on a lid and reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Allow to cool and then blitz until smooth – you may have to blitz small portions at a time.
6. Transfer the blitzed soup to a container for refrigeration (microwave in a mug for 2-3 minutes on high), or return to the pot and reheat the entire batch before serving.