Links



Friday, January 25, 2013

Cucumber & Feta Salad

This is my favourite salad recipe as it’s so simple and quick to make yet really packs a punch. It would easily serve as a meal for one, or a nice side salad for four people – it’s easy enough to double the measurements as well to feed more mouths if necessary.

The saltiness of the feta, the coolness of the cucumber and the bite of the vinegar play together so marvelously I’m sure that you’ll discover an appreciation for this recipe as deep as my own.

Additionally, I do specify full fat feta here as it has a much stronger flavour than the reduced fat stuff. Reduced Fat Feta does not work in this salad at all, I feel.

What Will I Need?

60g full fat feta
2 Lebanese cucumbers or 1 continental cucumber
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp olive oil

What Now?

There are two options for concocting this salad:

1.      Dice both cucumber and feta and combine in a bowl with the olive oil and white wine vinegar.

2.      Toss gently, then serve.

OR

1.      Shave the cucumber into a bowl and sprinkle with crumbled feta.

2.      Drizzle with olive oil and white wine vinegar and then serve.