Links



Monday, December 17, 2012

Cranberry Jelly

Here in Australia we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving and as such have very little in the way of cranberry products other than Craisins (dried and sweetened raisins), cranberry juice, and cranberry sauce.

So when I was planning a small Christmas party and decided to experiment with my Brie Stuffed Turkey & Walnut meatballs, I didn’t want to spend the money on a jar of over processed cranberry sauce, and decided to experiment instead with Craisins. And I must admit both myself and my guests were quite impressed with the results!



What Will I Need?


150g cranberries, dried & sweetened
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water, additional

What Now?

1.      Heat the sugar and 1/2 cup water together in a pot over a low-medium heat until all sugar has melted.

2.      Stir through the cranberries and reduce to a low heat, and allow to simmer for 45 minutes or until most of the water has been absorbed.

3.      Transfer to the bowl of a food processor and blitz for 30 seconds or until relatively smooth.

4.      Return to the pot, stir through the additional 1/2 cup of water, and return to a simmer.

5.      Remove from heat, transfer to a fridge-safe container, and refrigerate overnight.

6.      Serve cold with Brie Stuffed Turkey & Walnut Meatballs.