I love the combination of turkey, brie and cranberry so I highly recommend you also make my Cranberry Jelly to serve alongside these – as seen in the photo!
What Will I Need?
1kg Turkey thigh, diced
½ cup bread crumbs
1 clove garlic
½ tsp rosemary
1 brown onion
100g brie, diced into about 1x1cm
1 cup breadcrumbs, additional
Oil for deepfrying.
1. In the bowl of a food processor, blitz all the meatball ingredients together until minced.
2. Form a meatball using 1-2 tbsp of the mince and then place a piece of brie in its centre, ensuring it is completely covered by the mince.
3. Coat the meatball in breadcrumbs and set aside. Repeat with the remaining mince and brie.
4. Set the meatballs aside to refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Heat enough oil in a pot to allow for deep frying over a medium-high heat – ensure your hands and any utensils are completely dry!
6. Deep fry each meatballs for 1-2 minutes or until a deep golden brown and set then onto absorbent paper.
7. Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot with chilled Cranberry Jelly.