Links



Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pork & Vegetable Soup



For the next few months I am staying with family in Brisbane and this is why my blog won’t be updated very frequently for a while.

Anyway, after trying my 10 minute Chinese Chicken NoodleSoup my family are quite excited and encouraging for as many soup concoctions I can create for my usual Tuesday Soup Night, and I am encouraging them to stray from their usual meat and two veg to trying more stir fry and soups to introduce a light, fresh element to their usual routines.

This recipe makes enough soup to feed 6 people with leftovers for the next day.

What Will I Need?

6 cups Chicken Stock
1 cup Vegetable Stock
9 cups water
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp mirin
2 tbsp soy sauce
Pinch salt
2 bunches pak choi, sliced
2 spring onions, finely sliced
2 carrots, finely sliced,
1 bunch broccoli, florets only, discard the stem
600g pork, finely sliced
350g thick rice noodles, 6-8 minute cooking time

What Now?

1.              In a large pot combine the stocks, water, garlic, mirin, soy sauce and salt and bring to the boil.

2.              Once boiling, add the noodles and cook for 3 minutes.

3.              Add the vegetables and cook an additional 3 minutes.

4.              Add the pork, and remove from the heat. Stir the soup until the pork has coloured and cooked through.

5.              Serve hot.