Please note this photo does not do this pasta sauce justice! Unfortunately, sometimes I am simply to hungry and impatient to take a nice photo, and as such both my blog and yourself must suffer my severe lack of photographic finesse.
This is a super simple, pantry-staple pasta sauce that is ready in less than ten minutes. It has just the right amount of bite to make it interesting, and the olives add a great burst of flavour.
1 tbsp olive oil
2 clove garlic
400g diced tomato
1/2 cup olives, sliced
1/2 tsp minced chilli
Parmesan to serve
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions.
2. Whilst the pasta cooks, heat the oil in a small saucepan over a medium heat, and then cook the onions and garlic for five minutes or until soft.
3. Stir through the diced tomatoes, olives, chilli and a pinch of salt and simmer for five minutes.
4. Strain the Pasta and return to the pot, off the heat, and stir through the tomato sauce.
5. Divide between two bowls and top with shaved parmesan before serving.