I never even thought this cookie combination existed until it was mentioned on Bunheads (awesome US TV Show about Dancing) and I was instantly curious.
Of course a little bit of research later and I found enough inspirational recipes to create this tasty recipe. These are not your typical cookies – they are soft, light, fluffy and full of flavour.
125g butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
200g pumpkin, diced
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp allspice
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 cup flour
150g choc chips
1. Preheat your oven to 180C. Grease and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Bring a pot of water to the boil with a pinch of salt before adding the pumpkin and cooking for 10-15 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft. Drain and set aside to cool.
3. Once the pumpkin is cool, mash or blitz until smooth.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars until creamy before adding the egg, vanilla and pumpkin and mixing until well combined.
5. Next, mix through the flour, baking powder, ginger and allspice until well combined.
6. Carefully fold through the Chocolate chips.
7. Spoon heaped tablespoons of the batter onto the prepared tray and then bake in the hot oven for 15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are starting to brown.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool before eating.