I always have a block of Parmesan in the freezer and long life cream in the pantry. It means that evenings where I have little time to put something on the table I can easily serve up a quick pasta dish that hits all the right spots.
Whether a generous serving for two people, or as a side dish for a family, this will become a favourite of all in no time.
What Will I Need?
400g chicken, finely sliced
100g parmesan, grated
Cracked pepper, to taste
Pinch of Salt
1. Heat a small amount of oil in a frypan over a medium heat, and then cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes or until white and just cooked. Set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and then cook the fettuccine according to packet instructions.
3. Whilst the pasta cooks, melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat before stirring through the cream and adding a pinch of salt. Simmer for 2 minutes, before adding the chicken and simmering an additional 3 minutes.
4. Drain the pasta and return to the pot, off the heat, and then stir through the cream sauce and parmesan cheese.
5. Add a generous amount of cracked pepper before serving.