The other day I was all set to make a wonderful Greek Salad and some marinaded Lamb Kebabs, when I discovered that the lamb I had bought had been sliced far too thin to skewer.
So, instead I decided to throw it all into a pan for a few minutes and serve it up that way and was very satisfied with the results – utterly delicious and perfect for a lazy evening.
400g lamb stir fry strips
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp rosemary, dried
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp black pepper
1 lemon, juiced
100g feta, diced
100g grape tomatoes, halved
100g black olives, halved
1 red capsicum, cut in half
1 red onion, diced
1/2 clove garlic, minced
50g feta, crumbled
2 Lebanese cucumbers, shaved
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
1. In a marinade bag, combine the lamb, rosemary, cumin, pepper, lemon and oil and set aside to marinate.
2. Preheat you oven to 180C and lightly grease an oven tray.
3. Place the capsicum skin side up on the prepared oven tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes until the skin is blistered.
4. Allow the capsicum to cool before removing the skin and dicing the flesh.
5. Combine the capsicum flesh with the olives, feta and tomatoes and set aside.
6. Cucumber Salad: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
7. In a large skillet or sauté pan heat a small amount of oil over a medium heat before adding the onion and garlic and cooking for five minutes until the onion is soft.
8. Next, add the lamb and cook on high for five minutes until browned.
9. Stir through the capsicum, feta, tomatoes and olives and cook for 3-4 minutes minutes until the tomatoes start to wilt.
10. Serve hot alongside the cucumber salad.