One problem some people have with roast dinners is that there can be little to no variety when it comes to side dishes. There’s baked potatoes, steamed broccoli, but what else? Well, these stuffed mushrooms are a great accompaniment to any roast, though are just as good served as the main protein in a meal.
4 Large mushrooms
100g wilted spinach
1 onion, finely diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp butter
1. Preheat oven to 180C and lightly grease a roasting tray
2. Peel the mushrooms and discard skin. Remove and finely dice the stalk.
3. In a frypan, heat butter over a low heat add the onion, garlic and diced stalk and cook gently for 10 minutes until the onion is soft.
4. In a small mixing bowl mix together the spinach and ricotta before stirring through the mushroom stalk and onion mixture until well combined.
5. Place the four mushrooms underside up on the prepared tray, and then spoon the ricotta mixture into the mushroom cavities.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes in the hot oven, before removing the foil and baking an additional 15 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving hot.