We always have a bowl of mixed nuts on the dining table, and plenty of carrots in the fridge, so when it comes to mornings where vegemite on toast simply won’t do these muffins are never far away.
2 cups plain flour
4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon, ground
2 carrots, peeled, grated
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup milk
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 200C and lightly grease a 12 capacity muffin tin.
2. Into a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, bicarb soda, brown sugar and cinnamon.
3. Stir through the walnuts and carrots and make a well in the centre.
4. Add the eggs, milk and oil to the well in the mixing bowl and then mix both wet and dry ingredients together until well combined.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan and then bake for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean,
6. Cool in the pan for about five minutes before transferring to cooling racks and once cool enough to touch, serve with latherings of soft butter.