Everyone loves Chicken Wings! Although typically deep fried, I thought a couple of baked version would be a healthier alternative. Yes, it takes a bit longer to cook, but there’s less preparation time, and it also means considerably less oil is used and that all the wings are ready at the same time – perfect when entertaining.
Also, the reason why you place the wings on a wire rack to cook is so that air can circulate around the entire wing and they don’t go soggy. Additionally, the wings in the recipe will start to go black as they cook – this is just the honey in the marinade and makes the wings that little bit more tasty.
What Will I Need?
1kg wings, jointed
1/3 cup honey
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup tomato sauce
1 tbsp ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 200C, line a baking tray with foil and place a wire rack on top of the tray.
2. In a large marinading bag add the sauces, garlic, ginger and wings and shake well. Set aside to marinade for at least 20 minutes.
3. Spread the marinaded wings out over the wire rack and then pop into the hot oven for 25 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and baste with any remaining marinade. Return to the oven for an addition 25 minutes.
5. Serve hot with plenty of paper towels to wipe your fingers!