I love choc chip cookies, and these are quick and easy enough so that little ones can help out (with adult supervision, of course)
125g soft butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
¼ cup caster sugar
1 1/4 Cup plain flour
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp vanilla essence
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a using an electric beater set to high speed, beat the egg, butter and sugars using a smooth and creamy.
3. Next, reduce the speed to low and add the flour, baking powder and vanilla essence and beat until well combined.
4. Using a spoon fold through the chocolate chips.
5. Transfer the cookie mixture onto a large sheet of glad-wrap (cling film) and make a log shape, before folding the film over the dough.
6. Pop into the freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
7. Remove from the freezer and then cut 1.5cm slices from the cookie log and place them onto the prepared baking tray, allowing room for spreading.
8. Finally, bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, cool on a wire rack for at least five minutes before serving, and store any remaining dough in the freezer.