One pot wonders are the answer to most people’s prayers and/or wishes – reduced washing up is always a delightful thought.
When cooking this, depending on the size of the roasting tray you are using, as well as the size of the marylands, you may need to divide this all between two trays, shelves rotated half way through cooking, to ensuring your family is all fed at once. Then, it’s just a matter of placing it straight from the oven on to the table and letting everyone help themselves!
1 tbsp olive oil, for potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil, for chicken
4 Potatoes, peeled and diced
4 Chicken Marylands
2 Chorizo Sausages, diced
2 Spanish Onions, each cut into eight
2 Oranges, each cut into eight
10 Cloves Garlic, whole and unpeeled
1 red Capsicum
2 tsp Paprika
Salt, to season
1. Preheat you oven to 220C and lightly coat two roasting trays with oil.
2. Pop the potatoes into a lidded microwave safe container with the oil and a pinch of salt and shake well. With the lid on, but unsealed, microwave for three minutes then transfer evenly between the two roasting trays.
3. Add the chorizo, onions, oranges, and garlic to the potatoes and give a little shake so that the flavours are evenly distributed.
4. Pat dry the skin on the chicken using a paper towel and then rub with oil and sprinkle lightly with salt, and then the paprika – about ½ tsp per Maryland.
5. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables in the roasting trays and then place both trays into the hot oven on different shelves for 25 minutes.
6. After 25 minutes swap the shelves, reduce the heat to 200C and bake an additional 25 minutes.
7. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.