Although buffalo wings are normally deep fried, I thought this would be a healthier alternative! Yes, it takes a bit longer to do, but it also means considerably less oil is used and also that all the wings are ready at the same time!
The reason why you place the wings on a wire rack to cook, by the way, is so that air can circulate around the entire wing and they don’t go soggy. Who wants a soggy wing?
1kg chicken wings, jointed
½ cup plain flour
¼ cup olive oil
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp salt
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp parsley, dried
1. Preheat oven to 200C, line a baking tray with foil and place a wire rack on top of the tray.
2. In a large marinading bag add the spices and flour and shake until combined.
3. Next, add the wings and oil and shake well until all the wings are covered in the mixture.
4. Spread the coated wings out over the wire rack and then pop into the hot oven for 45 minutes.
5. Once the wings are ready, in a mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, herbs and spices and mix well.
6. Serve the hot wings alongside the ranch dipping sauce.