Not everyone has time nor chance to cook gravy from scratch – using drippings and proper stock to create thick, luscious gravies. Sometimes you’re cooking steak on a BBQ or steaming chicken and therefore have no drippings to use to make gravy! That’s why we have Cheats gravy – ready within minutes and just as good as the real thing.
What Will I Need?
1 cup Beef Stock
½ cup Red Wine
½ tbs Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbs Butter
1 tbs Plain Flour
Sprig of Rosemary
1. First start by combining the Balsamic Vinegar and red wine in a cup – pop in your rosemary sprig and allow to infuse whilst you get on with the rest of the gravy!
2. In a small saucepan, heat your butter over a low heat until melted and then add your flour. Stir together over the low heat until well combined and a paste is formed.
3. Add about a tablespoon of beef stock to the paste and stir to combine ensuring there are no lumps. Gradually add the remainder of the stock, stirring to ensure a smooth consistency.
4. Now, remove the sprig of rosemary from the wine, and then add the wine to the beef stock and then bring to the boil.
5. Allow to bubble away for a minute or until the gravy has thickened.
6. Lavishly drizzle over a steak and enjoy your meal!