Regarding the banana component, this is a great recipe to use up those bananas which are a little bit too brown to eat anymore. Why throw them away when you can simply make something delicious that everyone will love?
1 1/4 cups plain flour
1/2 tbsp baking powder
2/3 cup brown sugar
40g butter, melted
1/3 cup milk
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 180C lightly grease a large muffin pan.
2. Sift flour into a large mixing bowl and then add the sugar and baking powder. Form a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
3. Combine in a jug the milk, butter, egg and mashed bananas and stir together using a fork.
4. Pour banana mixture into the well in the mixing bowl and then mix both wet and dry ingredients together until just combined.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan and then bake in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean,
6. Cool in the pan for about five minutes before transferring to cooling racks.