I am a huge fan of cucumber and honestly believe it is a very under appreciated salad vegetable which may be why I love using it as a base again and again! It has a wonderful freshness and coolness to it that when coupled with a warm, spicy tandoori with a drizzling of minted yoghurt, how can you possibly resist?
What Will I Need?
500g Chicken Tenderloin
2 tbs Tandoori Paste
1 tbs Natural Yoghurt
4 Lebanese Cucumbers
½ Green Capsicum
1 Spring Onion, as fat as possible!
1 bunch Coriander, roughly chopped
2 tbs Lemon Juice
2 tbs Natural Yoghurt
½ tbs Lemon Juice
2 tsp Dried Mint
1. In a marinading bag or bowl combine the tandoori paste and yoghurt and then add the chicken, giving it a good shake to ensure the chicken is covered in the rich red paste. Set aside.
2. Into a bowl large enough to mix you salad, use a potato peeler to shave lengths of cucumbers, avoiding the seeded areas.
3. Next, cut the capsicum into inch thick lengths and then again, using the potato peeler, shave this into the mixing bowl.
4. Now, score the length of the Spring Onion (but do not slice all the way through!) and then finely slice before adding to the cucumber and capsicum.
5. Add the coriander and lemon juice and then lightly toss before dividing the salad evenly amongst four bowls. Set aside.
6. Heat your grill over a medium high heat, and once hot add the marinated chicken and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
7. Once cooked, slice your chicken on the diagonal and allow to cool.
8. Whilst the chicken cools, mix together the yoghurt, lemon juice and dried mint.
9. Finally! Top your cucumber salad with the chicken (once it has stopped steaming) and then drizzle with the minted yoghurt.