Links



Monday, February 27, 2012

Steak Diane


Steak Diane is quite simply, steak luxuriously coated in a creamy, garlicky sauce. It’s the thing of restaurants and dinner parties yet something I my mother made quite regularly for us growing up.

The reason I took my time to perfect this sauce is because one day Hubby and I headed to a local restaurant and he asked for Diane sauce with his steak. What he was served was simply garlicky gravy – something I was obviously not too happy about! In order to sample him what real Diane sauce was I prepared this for him and needless to say, it is now one of his favourites!

On a side note: This is traditionally made with Worchestershire sauce as opposed to beef stock, but being Gluten Free W'shire sauce can be quie hard to come by and this was a most flavourable substitute!



What Will I Need?

4 Steaks, of your choosing and cooked to your preference
40g Butter, unsalted
3 Eshallots / Spring Onions, finely diced
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
¼ cup Beef Stock
1/3 cup Cream

What Now?

1.         Season, prepare and cook your steaks to perfection and then allow to rest. Whilst they rest, prepare your sauce,

2.         In a small saucepan melt your butter over a low heat.


3.         Next, add your garlic and diced spring onions and stir for about 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and translucent.

4.         Finally, stir through the beef stock and cream and simmer for about 2 minutes or until the cream has thickened slightly.

5.         Trickle generously over the rested steaks and then serve with some steamed Asparagus or Carrot.