The funny thing about comfort foods are they are normally the type of thing that require very little thought, very few ingredients, and are ready in a flash, so it’s easy to understand how these Peanut Butter Cookies fit quite snugly into that category!
This recipe makes 20 large cookies.
What Will I Need?
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Unsalted Butter, chopped
1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
1 cup Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
¼ cup Chopped Peanuts
1. Preheat your oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the butter and the peanut butter and beat using electric beaters for about 30 seconds or until pale and creamy
3. Next, add the egg and sugar and again beat together until combined – about a minute.
4. Scrape down the beaters, before adding the flour, baking powder, and chopped peanuts, and then mix together using a spoon until all the flour is mixed in thoroughly.
5. Dust your hands with a little flour, and roll a 2tbs size ball of cookie dough in the palm of your hands and then place on the prepared baking tray.
6. Continue to make cookie balls and placing them on the tray, about 5cm apart, until you’ve run out of dough or space on your tray!
7. Pat down each of the balls with your fingers until they’re now about 1cm thick and round.
8. Pop into the oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
9. Finally, once out of the oven, allow the cookies to cool on the tray for five minutes before placing to cool further on a baking rack.