This is a meal seen quite often on menu’s at our local Italian restaurants, but I always find it to be lacking in flavour or any life. So, of course, I decided to make it myself and to my palate and this recipe is absolutely delicious – even hubby loved it and he is not the biggest fan of creamy sauces at all!
Just remember when cooking this to keep the heat for the sauce on low – we don’t want to burn the butter or the cream and a low simmer is more than enough to provide the texture and flavour we want.
What Will I Need?
1 tbsp Pinenuts, toasted and then crushed
1/2 cup Sundried Tomatoes, finely diced
2/3 cup Parmesan, grated
1/2 cup White Wine
1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
400g Chicken Breast, cut into short strips
Cracked Peper to taste
1. Over a high heat, cook your chicken on the grill for about three minutes, or until just cooked. It should still be white and soft. Set aside.
2. Next, cook your fettuccine as per packet instruction so that it is al dente. Drain and then return to the pot and again set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, heat your butter over a low heat until completely melted before adding the cream and stirring through.
4. Next, add the parmesan cheese and stir for about a minute or until the cheese has melted into the cream sauce.
5. Add the wine, sundried tomatoes and pine nuts and stir through the sauce and then let it bubble away for a couple of minutes so that the cream sauce has thickened.
6. Finally, into the pot o cooked pasta, add the chicken and the sauce and stir through before divide between four bowls and adding a final sprinkle of parmesan, and cracked pepper to taste.