I am not normally a fan of sweets, in fact I am much more a fan of savouries or tarts, but sometimes it is a lazy day and you want nothing more than to spend time in your kitchen baking treats for the family using all those spare bits and bobs you have hidden away in your pantry.
This is one of those recipes to be cooked on a lazy rainy day when all you want is something to indulge in.
What Will I Need?
150g Butter, softened
1/3 cup Raw Sugar
1 1/2 cups Gluten-Free Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
100g Dried Cranberries, roughly chopped
150g Milk Chocolate Chips
1. Start by preheating your oven to 180°C and then lining 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Now, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy (it will still be grainy however) before adding the egg and beating again until well combined.
3. Straight into the Buttery mixture, sift the flour and baking powder, and then using a spoon stir it all together until a dough has formed and there’s no flour sticking to the sides of the bowl.
4. Next, gently stir through the chocolate and the cranberries until combined.
5. This part gets tricky: dump your cookie mixture onto a large sheet of glad-wrap (cling film) and make a log shape, before folding the film over the dough and then rolling it into a long round tube like shape.
6. Pop this into the freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
7. Remove from the freezer and then cut 1.5cm slices from the cookie log and place them onto the prepared baking tray, allowing room for spreading.
8. Finally, pop these into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, and before eating them let them cool on a wire rack for at least five minutes so as not to burn your tongue!!