I love warm salads, especially for dinner on those not quite hot/not quite cold nights. Add a little spice into the mix and I think you have the perfect salad to add a little something interesting to your night.
When making this, remember to cook your lamb first so it has time to rest before it is sat upon the salad and topped with the yoghurt dressing.
What Will I Need?
2 tbs Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
8 Lamb Cutlets
¼ cup Yoghurt
1 Clove Garlic, crushed
2 tbs Continental Parsley, chopped
1 tbs Lime Juice
1 small Red Chilli, deseeded and sliced
¼ tsp Sumac
60g Mixed Salad Leaves
150g Feta, diced or crumbled
1/2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
1/3 cup Pitted Black Olives, quartered
1. In a bowl or mixing bag, add your olive oil, spices and lamb cutlets and give it a good mix until the cutlets are covered in the mixture.
2. Bring your grill up to a high heat, and then cook your cutlets on each side for about 4 minutes or until cooked to your preference.
3. Once cooked, set these aside while you prepare your salad and dressing.
4. In a small bowl mix the yoghurt, parsley, lime juice, chilli and sumac and set aside.
5. Next, in a large salad bowl, combine the salad leaves, feta, red onion and black olives.
6. Top the salad with the lamb cutlets (which have now cooled a little!) and these drizzle the dressing over the salad and cutlets.
7. Serve and enjoy with your family or friends!