This is my take on a family favourite, serving it up in four individual pots, although there is ample here, more than enough for four people! Given such, you could easily present this in a larger casserole dish to serve up to as many people as necessary.
One final note, there are so many different cheeses that can be used for Mac & Cheese and I highly recommend using a chees ethat is not too oily or you will end up with oily mac and cheese. Try Gruyere, or Cheddar, and se hwo you like it, remembering always to season to your tastes!
What Will I Need?
1 tbs butter
1 tbs flour
1 cup milk
1 cup cream
2 1/2 cups of your Favourite Cheese, grated
2 cup Macaroni, uncooked
2 tbs Grated Parmesan
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven grill to high and grease four ramekins with butter.
2. Bring a large saucepan of water to boil and then add your macaroni, season with salt, and cook according to packet instructions.
3. In a small saucepan over a low heat, melt your butter before adding the flour and then stirring them together until combined.
4. Next, add the milk and cream and stir again until combined and raise to a medium temperature before adding the cheese.
5. Stir the cheese until thoroughly melted and then set aside for the moment.
6. Once the macaroni is cooked, drain and then return to the large saucepan.
7. Stir through the cheese sauce thoroughly, and then divide between the four ramekins.
8. Sprinkle with Parmesan and then pop under the grill for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Serve and enjoy!