When having a barbecue one of the most important basics, whether you are having hamburgers or steaks, is Barbecue Sauce. It’s easily available premade in a bottle from the supermarket, but when it is so easy to make with ingredients normally easily available, there is something rather satisfying about making this rich and piquant sauce yourself -So why buy it in a bottle when you can whip it up yourself and add that extra special touch to you next Barbecue!
What Will I Need?
1 tbs Olive Oil
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 Small Onion, grated
½ cup Tomato Sauce
¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tbs Worcestershire Sauce
2 tbs Brown Sugar
1. Heat your oil in a small saucepan over a medium high heat before adding the onion and garlic.
2. Stir occasionally for ten minutes or until the onion and garlic has started to soften and brown.
3. Next add the remaining ingredients and lower heat to a simmer
4. Allow to simmer to 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
5. Finally, remove from heat and allow to cool before pouring over a stacked hamburger or steak!