A quick introduction to this as I am sure you’re all sick of my love affair with quick food and Asian cuisine. Another love affair of mine though is sesame seeds and that’s why this stir fry has been on my “to cook” list for a fair while now, and so here it is!
What Will I Need?
400g Rump Steak, sliced
2 tbs Peanut Oil
1 tbs Sesame Oil
1 ½ tbs Oyster Sauce
1 tbs Sesame Seeds
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 tsp Ginger, minced
220g Fresh Hokkien Noodles
2 cups Fresh Stir Fry Veggies, sliced (such as Broccoli, Pak Choi, Carrots)
1. We’ll start by combining the sesame oil, sesame seeds and oyster sauce into a bowl and set aside.
2. Now, pop your noodles into a bowl and cover with boiling water. After two minutes use a fork to separate, drain and set aside.
3. In a wok, heat 1 tbs of peanut oil over a high heat before adding the beef and stir frying for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Set aside.
4. Heat the remaining peanut oil over high heat, and then stir fry he garlic and ginger for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
5. Next, add the fresh veggies and stir fry another 1-2 minutes or until the carrot is tender but still crisp.
6. Finally, add the noodles, beef and sesame sauce to the wok and stir for about 1-2 minutes until everything has been heated through.
7. Serve up and garnish with a few sesame seeds and enjoy!