Links



Saturday, December 3, 2011

Roasted Corn on the Cob


Growing up we used to eat a fair amount of corn on the cob, but my mother would always boil the corn and as I started cooking for myself I took on this habit myself.

The other day though I was roasting some carrots as a side to our dinner, and rather than having to bring a large saucepan of water to boil, time the corn, so on and so forth, I decided to throw it in the oven with the carrot and I must admit the results were amazing – the corn was tender, tasty and much more flavoursome than if it had been boiled and is definitely a fan favourite in our house now.



What Will I Need?

One Corn Cob per person
1 tbs Butter per Corn Cob
Aluminium Foil


What Now?

1.         Preheat your oven to 180C

2.         After removing the husk and all the extra stringy bits from your corn, rub the cob with butter.

3.         Next, wrap up the corn in Aluminium Foil and then place on an oven tray.

4.         Pop into the oven and roast for 30 minutes.

5.         Remove from oven and very carefully (using tongs or the like) unwrap your corn, and serve, seasoned with pepper!