They say that the first bite is taken with the eye, and sometimes this means that to try new foods you have to be rather adventurous as not all food is as appealing visually as it is to our tastebuds.
Oysters are a prime example of this and I happily admit it took me well into my teens before I tried my very first oyster (with eyes closed) only to discover I loved the slippery little suckers!
So, if you’re feeling adventurous and are looking for a new special treat once or twice a year, I fully encourage you to try this recipe – even if your first bite is taken with your eyes closed!
What Will I Need?
A Dozen Fresh Oysters
1/4 cup Worchester Sauce
125g Bacon Bits
1. Turn your ovens Griller on to High
2. Then, carefully place your oysters on an oven tray (no need to oil the tray) and try to have the oysters sitting as upright as possible, (we don;t all have extra rock salt lying around to help them out with this) as opposed to leaning on the side of their side. If you need to prop a slanting oyster up against another so that it’s completely upright, that’s fine.
3. Now, divide the bacon bits between the oysters and then top each oyster with an even amount of Worchester sauce.
4. Pop under the hot griller for about 10 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp.
5. Take out of the oven and quickly (using tongs so as to not burn yourself on the extremely hot shells) transfer the oysters from the oven tray onto your serving plate.
6. Serve and enjoy as your special yearly treat!