I love eggs for breakfast and am the queen of both golden scrambled eggs, perfectly soft boiled eggs, and these incredibly indulgent baked eggs.
There’s no water to watch as it boils before you can set a timer, or no endless stirring to create fluffy scrambled eggs. Just grease, crack, pour, bake, eat! It may sound time consuming in preparation but in all honesty these are the easiest way to make eggs when you have other things that need to be done in the morning.
There's also endless variations of these eggs as it's easy to get creative, but below is just the basic recipe.
What Will I Need?
1 Extra Large Egg per person
½ tbs Cream per person
Thick Rye Toast, buttered and cut into soldiers
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 180C and then lightly grease a small oven proof ramekins with butter (one ramekin per egg)
2. Now, crack one egg into each ramekin and the top with ½ tbs of cream.
3. Pop the ramekins into a baking dish and then pour some boiling water into the baking dish until it comes halfway up the outside of the ramekin.
4. Carefully place the baking dish into the oven, and allow to cook for 15 minutes.
5. Once ready, serve with some buttered soldiers and season with salt and pepper to your tastes!