Mangoes are such a treat however they don’t have a long shelf life and a mango that may have meant to be included in a salad or a curry, all of a sudden needs to be used as soon as possible!
Luckily, hubby and I were feeling creative and decided that some kind of dessert would suit our mango perfectly, and considering we also had some pastry left over, once thing led to another and we created this Mango Pie, nestled in a smooth custard!
What Will I Need?
¼ cup Cup milk
½ tsp vanilla essence
¼ cup Milk
1 tsp sugar
1 egg yolk
1 mango, diced
1 sheet Puff Pastry
1. Preheat oven to 180C and spray a small oven proof dish with Olive Oil.
2. Live the prepared dish with Puff Pastry.
3. Fill the pastry lined dish with mango chunks
4. In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, egg, milk and vanilla essence until sugar has disvoled.
5. Pour custard mixture over mango.
6. Pop into oven and allow to bake for 20 minutes or until a golden crust has formed.
7. Serve and enjoy!