It’s easy to think that chocolate treats are the sole domain of children, but us adults are allowed to be a little naughty every now and then as well, aren’t we?
These Chocolate Cherry Cups really pack a punch and are a great way to end a dinner party or a romantic night with your partner. Hubby and I had these for our special Christmas Eve dinner this year, and they were the perfect end to a special night - a little bit naughty, but oh so nice!
Anyway, enough talk it’s time for the recipe!
What Will I Need?
12 Chocolate Cups (about 15ml capacity)
½ cup Cherry Wine (you could also use port)
½ cup Caster Sugar
1 tbs Gelatine
½ cup Tart Cherries (whether dried or from a can)
Note: Do not at any point allow the syrup to boil - we want the alcohol content!
1. In a small saucepan over a low heat add the Cherry Wine and Sugar, and allow the sugar to melt into the wine and come to a bubble.
2. Next add the Cherries and give it a quick stir and then allow to simmer away for half an hour until the syrup has thickened.
3. Finally, stir through the gelatine until fully dissolved and then remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
4. The final step, once the cherries have cooled, is to spoon them into the little chocolate cups and top with syrup until they’re completely full.
5. Pop the chocolates into the fridge for about three hours and then share them with your family! But only the adults, this isn’t a kid friendly recipe!