What Will I Need?
150g spiral pasta
1 celery stalk
2 spring onions
¼ red capsicum
1 tbs fresh chives, chopped
¼ cup Whole Egg Mayonnaise
1tbs Lemon Juice
Cracked Pepper, lots of it!
1 egg, hard boiled
1. Dice carrots, celery and capsicum into 2mm (or there abouts) sized cubes, finely slice Spirng onions, and chop the chives into small bits. Set aside.
2. Cook pasta as per instructions, and then drain – remembering to retain about half a cup of the pasta water for later use, and allow to cool for a few minutes.
3. Once the pasta has cooled, add about a tablespoon of the pasta sauce and stir through – what was dry pasta now has life again! To the renewed pasta, add your mayonnaise and lemon juice and stir through.
4. Now, we just need to add all the vegies and cracked pepper (to your tastes, I use a fair amount, about 1-2 teaspoons) and mix it all together.
5. Slice your boiled egg, and use this to garnish your pasta salad, and then enjoy with your family and some great steaks!