Links



Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thai Satay Stir-Fry Sauce


Today I had actually planned to create some Satay Chicken Skewers, however, when I came home I discovered that our fridge door had been left open by our Maintenance Man  and thus the chicken I had left defrosting upon its chilly shelves was no longer viable as a meal option.

However, we had some pre-prepared noodles in the cupboard and plenty of vegetables available for the cooking, and so decided a vegetarian option would be the most simple option, as opposed to trying to defrost more meat on time. It also meant we were still able to use our Satay Sauce!

This recipe used ingredients I had readily available in both fridge and pantry, and as you can see I used the sauce with the noodles previously mentioned, with a side of Blanched vegies. However, this can be used with any type of meat or vegetable just as you would use a normal stir fry sauce!


What Will I Need?

3 tbs Crunchy Peanut Butter
1 tbs Soy Sauce
1 tbs Lemon Juice
1 tbs Lime Juice
1 tbs Sugar
2 tsps Chilli, minced
1 tsp Ginger, minced
¼ cup Water

What Now?

1.         Add Peanut Butter to a bowl and then pop into a microwave for about 15 seconds in order to soften the paste.

2.         Once softened, add the remaining ingredients and stir well.

3.         Use with your favourite meat, noodle, or vegetables for a sweet, savoury and spicy stir fry!